I've created a couple of new layouts using Forgotten Dreams by June Schutrups. I love this kit, so perfect for these older pictures as well as not so old pictures, I've been able to use it for both types, as you can see with these two layouts. I created this layout for a template challenge over at K-Joi. As most of you know by now I like to combine my genealogy and digiscrapping whenever I can. This photo is from my older family photos collection. The lady in this photo is the little girl that was in my layout - Jennie & Joe, which was made using the same kit. The man is my grandfather's brother. I never got to meet either of these people, but have met one of their children, who is an elderly man that has some FABOULUS stories to share. I could sit and listen to him all day. Can you tell yet that I love history, especially my family history.
I created this layout for the BOM challenge over at DSO hosted by Nikki. I know I've already scrapped this picture once but when I saw this wordart by Jazzy, I knew that I had to re-scrap it. The good thing about digiscrapping, you can scrap the same picture as many times as you want, with a different look each time. I used the Virtual Photographer with Concord setting to get this look on the picture. I used June's Forgotten Dreams in this layout as well.
I've had many jobs in my lifetime
but I must admit that
the most rewarding by far
was to be first Mom
and now Nana
I've received another award, this one from Michelle. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Michelle!
The rules for this one is to say 7 things that I love and then pass it on to 7 people...7 things..is that all..I have so many things that I love ...
1. Jesus Christ My Lord and Savior
2. My husband and best friend,Tony
3. My four wonderful children & three great step-daughters.
4. All of the beautiful grandchildren that they have given us. . .
between us we now have 12 that call us Nana & Pa
5. The rest of my family and friends.
6. Digi-scrapping & all the friends that I've made doing it!!!
7. Creating in Paint Shop Pro and sharing with you all!
Now, seven people to give it too, in no particular order here are my seven...
If you have already received this, I'm sorry, I just think that you are all very creative ladies!
1. June @ Cen's Loft - one of the first blogs that I found when I first started dig-scrapping. Then she asked me to join her CT team, and I'm lucky in getting to use all of her lovely kits and having her for a friend!
2. Nikki @ Nikki's World another very creative lady whose CT team I'm also lucky to be a part of. She creates some really beautiful kits as well.
3. Kristine @ WenchdGrafix Designs - I've been a big fan ever since the first time I saw her recipe challenges at DSO, then followed links to her blog.
4. Tracy @ Tracy's Scraps - I've been a big fan of her templates since the first one I've used.
5. Kim @ KimB Designs - I love reading her blog. She always brings a smile to my face with her antics.
7. Kathleen @ Grosgrain - I just found this blog recently, and I have to say I'm amazed at the creativity and talent this girl has!
Now for today's freebie, I'm filling another request, this one for more of the Recipe Cards. I hope you like this one Candie! I created this for the September '08 Recipe Challenge over at DSO. I used Nikki's beautiful kit Sweet Child O' Mine to create this recipe card. She has gave me permission to share it with you all here, so if you missed it in the recipe card exchange at DSO last month, here it is ...
This contains both the full size recipe card that I created for Blueberry Muffins & the blank card for you to write in your own recipe. Plus a text version of the recipe.
I'm off to finish working on a surprise that I'll have for you on Saturday - November 1st which is Digital Scrapbooking Day in case you haven't heard .
Here's hoping that you have a great week!