Wednesday, September 9, 2009

An Ordinary Day

I want to share a couple of layouts with you that I've made using this extremely versatile kit, it can be used for just about any type of layout.  The kit is An Ordinary Day by Kim Broedelet.

kb-ordinaryday

 

This first layout is of a visit to Gatorland in Florida by two of my grandchildren. The journaling is what my grandson said when they were showing me the pictures and telling me about there vacation. LOL I wouldn't have wanted to pet even the baby ones!  I did this layout for the animal kingdom challenge at DSO and the Joi of fonts challenge at K-Joi.

Gators

 

I also used a mask from the Year of Moments Accessory Pack 2 by Bunny Cates in the above layout.

bsc-yom-ipack-jan11

 

This second layout also using An Ordinary Day by Kim Broedelet, I did for the altered photo challenge at DSO.  The steps I took on this photo to change it are...

1. I ran a black and white pencil sketch script in PSP X2
2. topped the first layer with the  original picture set as overlay
3. duplicated that layer set as burn

Boogie Shoes

 

I also used word art from Lets Party by Words To Delite in this above layout.

lr_LetsParty_Wordart_Preview

 

And a past template freebie by me, which you can still find the download here if you missed it and would like to have it.

BLog09Template

 

Before I go I have to toot my horn a little.  One of my layouts, Guiding Light, won second place in the digital category over at Scrap N Win.  This is my youngest son with his daughter. I did this layout for him on Father's Day 2009. I used a kit called Summer Dreaming by Mistica Designs available at DigiDesignResort and the wordart is from Fathers Day for Dad Word Art by Words To Delite available at Digi Scrap Obsession.

Guiding Light

 

Have a scrap-happy day,

Kim

 

4 comments:

(Best Show)Watch said...

"Hi:

Two things

1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on ‘Charlie Rose’for our website

2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.

The Best Shows Youre Not Watching (dot) com [all one word]
‘Charlie Rose’one of our featured shows. We’re hoping to round up a few people who can occasionally contribute perspective (via an article/blog) on the shows – maybe a recent episode, future direction, plot shortcomings etc.

What’s in it for you?
Primarily a larger audience back channeled to your blog. We don’t pay but the site has a lot of promise and we're pretty excited about getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

LouCeeCreations said...

you just srapped with one of my most favourite kits! I LOVE Kim's Ordinary day!
Hey.. congrats on the layout getting 2nd.. WooHoo!

txbubbles said...

Congrats, Kim! Great LO's!
Big hugs,
Vicki

Michele said...

Congrats on the 2nd place win! All of them are great LOs!