Monday, September 21, 2009

Up Up and Away

I'm sorry but today's post will be short. As some of you may know I have some severe back problems and it started acting up over the weekend, today is no better. I can't sit still for any length of time at all.   But if you look throughout this post you will find not only a FREEBIE on my blog, but links where you can find a couple of more fantastic FREEBIES!

First I want to show you a new kit by Charlie's Digiscraps ,
Up Up and Away is a fun kit with hues of blue, green and yellow.
Lovely rich textures with cardstock, acrylic and painted textures too!
Perfect to scrap those big and little men in your life.
Though any occasion can be scrapped with this kit!
Matches perfectly with the coordinating Alpha( FREEBIE) and Quickpages(also in store).
This kit has 12 textured papers and 36 elements
This kit is on SALE for $3.15 – 30 % off for ONE WEEK ONLY

sh-upupandaway

The Quickpages can be found here in the store.

sh-upupandaway-qps

The Alpha is a FREEBIE available on Charlie's blog and can be found here.

sh-upupandaway-alpha

 

When I first saw this kit - Up Up and Away , I couldn't help remembering my first plane ride. So I decided to scrap about it for my grandchildren.  I also used Wordart #30  by DigiDesigns by Denise (a FREEBIE) in this layout.  Here it is. 

memory

The journaling reads....
My first plane ride was on a jet like this.
I was ten years old.
We rode one from Louisville, Ky.
to Orlando, Fl. I remember telling
Daddy to look at the treetops out the window.
He told me they weren't treetops,
but the clouds. Then I got really scared!!

 

 

Now for today's FREEBIE that I promised, I was hoping that I would feel like packing it up but I didn't so maybe you will remember where you got it and if you don't that is OK too.  I made it for a layout that I did for the Monkey Puzzle challenge (wordart) over at DDR.  Here is the layout, so you can see the word art in use.  I used An Autumn Afternoon collab by the DDR Designers in this layout.  The layout is linked for full credits, as all of my layouts are.

Autumn Magic

 

Here is the wordart FREEBIE that I promised you for today.

KS_AutumnWA

Download Autumn Magic word art here at 4Shared
OR
Download Autumn Magic word art here at Mediafire
OR
Download Autumn Magic word art here at File Savr

 

I guess I need to go for now, I've already gotten up from my chair three times trying to write this blog post, and doing a lot of squirming around in the chair.   I hope to be back soon with some more layouts to share as I have some fabulous products to play with when I'm able to sit still again and play.

Kim

7 comments:

Mel said...

Oh Kim, I hope your back is feeling better soon, there is nothing worse than back pain!
I love your LO about your first plane ride, that journalling is gorgeous! LOL

Michele said...

So sorry to hear about your back. I think backs and knees are the worst when they hurt. Hope you get feeling better super soon! :-) Thanks for the cool WA! :-)

Michelle from MD, USA said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful WA with us.

Feel better soon.

Michelle

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 21 Sep [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 22 Sep [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Pattycakes said...

Hope your back feels better. Thank you for the wordart! :)

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Sep. 22, 2009. Thanks again.

makeyesup said...

Take care of yourself and try not to overdo. Know that is difficult since I'm sure you are as addicted to your computer as a lot of us are. Hope that you get some relief soon.